Friday, December 2, 2011

A Forgotten Beat

It is the last week of classes and I decided to put some wisdom onto the blog. I feel like William S. Burroughs (author of Naked Lunch) is a beat poet that went largely unmentioned in the class. As such, I decided to post some quotes from him that I really liked. Some real beattitude stuff

"Language is a virus from outer space"

"How I hate those who are dedicated to producing conformity"

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military"

":Admittedly, a homosexual can be conditioned to react sexually to a woman, or to an old boot for that matter. In fact, both homo - and heterosexual experimental subjects have been conditioned to react sexually to an old boot, and you can save a lot of money that way"

And finally, the most insight

"After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say 'I want to see the manager"

No comments:

Post a Comment