Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Jack Kerouac

http://open.salon.com/blog/ralph_tingey/2009/11/25/how_jack_kerouac_changed_my_life

I found this to be interesting. It is amazing that a book that built up the reputation of being dangerous has affected,  at least this life, positively. I have not read On The Road, but based on The Dharma Bums, with some of the hardcore x-rated lifestyles including heavy partying, alcohol, drugs and sex, this man here exemplifies someone who is unaffected by those sorts of pressures, or at least the drinking part and reads Kerouac's On The Road like I read The Dharma Bums. Significant to me because even though people have criticized such novels and have labeled them dangerous influences, they really aren't, especially since what is quite often perceived as the definition of good is what causes happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment